Who we are
We are an award-winning, full-service software delivery agency from Zagreb, Split, and Frankfurt.
Our Engineering team is made of industry veterans and ever-growing tech enthusiasts, which guarantee your personal growth alongside our amazing projects. This time we are looking for a Senior Backend Engineer (m/f/t), who will join our ranks!
Work with cutting-edge technologies for a Swiss IoT and Big Data pioneer and join the long-promised era of cargo and supply chain transparency.
About the project
Nexxiot is a driver of the digital logistics of tomorrow. The company’s goal is to enable a five percent reduction in global CO2 emissions by increasing cargo transport efficiency and eliminating waste caused by empty runs and inefficient routes.
Together we provide an integrated solution to track, find and protect cargo from over 160 countries around the globe and across 450 network roaming partners to ensure trust, security, and efficiency with data from more than 4 billion traveled kilometers stored in a dedicated logistics cloud.
You will be a part of an interdisciplinary agile product team, responsible for implementing software features according to the requirements and priorities provided by the Product Owner (PO). Working closely with the rest of the team your goal is to design, implement and test software solutions and to operate and maintain the resulting software services according our Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) practices. You are a specialist, skilled and experienced in writing backend services including data and software modelling and REST API design.
- Collaborate with Product Owner (PO) and Software Architects (SA) to produce Solution Design Document (SDD) which enables effort estimations and planning of implementation work (story break down)
- Collaborate with Product Owner (PO) to break down Epics into Stories based on the Solution Design Document (SDD)
- Implement software components and services including testing and writing technical documentation according to continuous integration best practices
- Review and approve Merge respectively Pull Request created by teammates
- Participate in agile software development activities (e.g. stand-ups, planning meetings, demos. retrospectives, …)
- ParDeploy software service to different (development, testing and production) environments using continuous deployment practices, operate and maintain those deployments according to the principles of Site Reliability Engineering.ticipate in agile software development activities (e.g. stand-ups, planning meetings, demos, retrospectives, …)
- Participate in team’s on-call rotation to provide 3rd level support and to ensure service availability
- Review and discuss Solution Design Documents written by teammates
- Act as onboarding buddy for new team members
- Good conceptual skills in developing solution designs, documenting and implementing them in software
- Curious and never afraid of learning to master new tools, technologies and methodologies
- Open-minded team player, taking end-to-end responsibility to get things done
- Experience in writing JVM based software, primarily in Kotlin and Java. Python and Linux/Unix shell know-how is a great plus
- Basic understanding of networking: UDP vs TCP vs HTTP
- Willing to dive into PHP, Java, Groovy code where necessary
- Experience in writing and operating containerized software services on top of Kubernetes, AWS ECS, AWS Fargate or Docker is a great plus
- Fluent in English spoken and written. German is a plus, but not mandatory
- Familiar with common backend engineering concepts, patterns and technologies like SQL (PostgreSQL), NoSQL (DynamoDB), Message Queueing (SQS), Publish & Subscribe (SNS & Apache Kafka), Twelve-Factor App, Serverless (AWS Lambda) and Containerized (Docker) workloads
- Strong interest in Cloud Architecture / Distributed Systems
- Strong Gradle knowledge is a plus
- Interest in working with hardware. Some C experience is a plus
- Strong testing culture is a must
Some of the perks we happily provide
The most comfy chairs, and a working elevator, and …
And much more.
Interesting international projects
Our international projects are technologically daring and keep us well-motivated.
Top-notch working equipment
Not only it's top-notch, but you also get to choose between Linux or OSX.
Remote and/or office work
We support remote work and we're also happy to see you in our brand new 1100m2 office in the Zagreb City center.
Flexible working hours
Our hours are flexible, but responsible. We all work in the same timeframe and deliver things on time.
You'll have a place to park your bike, a service corner and showers.
A couple of e-scooters are available to make your commute easier.
We’re really into dogs. Bring them over, as much as you can.
Team building budget
Every team gets monthly team building budget to spend on whatever they like.
We have darts, arcade games, and a pool table with never-ending snacks and beer on tap. Hyped about the new PS5.